Welcome to the City of Alexandria's Surplus Real Estate website for Sales. The City of Alexandria invites interested parties to browse for surplus real estate property that is currently available. The Department of General Services is responsible for public disposal of all City-owned real estate that has been designated as surplus by the Alexandria City Council.
All real estate is offered "As-Is," with no warranties or guarantees, expressed or implied, as to kind, character or its fitness for any use, purpose or its ability to be developed for any use or purpose. In some cases, the City may have conducted studies for use of the property for city purposes, which will be made available to potential purchasers, if the information is determined to be public and applicable. The City of Alexandria does not have the resources to tear down, identify and report the characteristics of each lot or building for prospective purchasers. However, prospective purchasers are offered the opportunity to personally inspect the properties offered for public sale (as surplus) at the location specified in the listing, upon request.
- How to Purchase City-Owned Real Estate describes the process and mechanisms through which City surplus real estate is sold.
- The City's Real Estate Disposition Policy is used to direct/guide staff and prospective purchasers through the City-owned real estate surplus process.
Request for Proposals
The City Council has declared the City-owned properties listed below as surplus real estate and has authorized the City Manager to issue Request for Proposals (RFP) in the near future following the civic engagement process. Disposition of City-Owned Real Estate File #16-5608, Version: 1
- 912, 916 and 920 King Street – Currently utilized as a public metered surface parking lot and would be sold in conjunction with the City-owned surplus property at 116 South Henry Street. Excellent development opportunity.
- 116 South Henry Street – Currently utilized as a City-owned parking lot and would be sold in conjunction with the City-owned properties at 912, 916 and 920 King Street.
- 120, 122, 122 ½ North Patrick Street – Will be considered in a separate stand-alone RFP for redevelopment opportunities following the sale and substantial completion of the redevelopment of 912, 916 and 920 King Street and 116 South Henry Street.
If you wish to receive notification when an RFP has been issued, please complete the request form and click submit. For all other questions, please contact the Department of General Services at 703.746.4770.