Let's Build a Healthier Alexandria!
All Alexandrians should have the opportunity to live the healthiest life possible. How can we make this vision a reality for everyone in our city?
Alexandria Health Department is working with community partners to identify the most pressing health issues in our city. We developed a community health assessment using a combination of health data and community member feedback. This assessment will be the foundation for a plan to address the top health concerns. Sign up for community health updates, upcoming meeting information, and the latest data.
Join the conversation - RSVP for Building a Healthier Alexandria Together here.
Discover local views - Explore community health survey results here.
What is a Community Health Assessment (CHA)?
- A CHA uses survey data, health statistics, and community input to identify, examine, and prioritize the most pressing issues that impact health.
- A CHA can help explain:
AHD and community partners developed a comprehensive snapshot of health in Alexandria using this method.
Schedule of Meetings
- April 26, 2018 -- Kick Off Meeting
- July 26, 2018 -- Intro to Data Collection
- August 9, 2018 -- Storytelling through Photos
- November 3, 2018 -- Gathering Evidence & Examining Results
- June 26, 2019 -- Building a Healthier Alexandria Together: Community Health Assessment Report Release
The CHA Steering Committee, comprised of prominent community leaders committed to improving health and wellness in the City, helps to guide Alexandria's Community Health Assessment process and ensure representation from all Alexandrians’ voices.
Commitment to Community
All Alexandria residents are invited -- and encouraged! -- to help develop a complete picture of health by taking surveys, participating in public meetings, and inviting others to share their voices. You are essential to our success.
To see the outcome of the City's last assessment process and the resulting 2014-2019 Community Health Improvement Plan, please visit the Partnership for a Healthier Alexandria website.
Check this page for updates, or email email@example.com for more information on how you can get involved.