Building a Healtheir Alexandria Together
All Alexandrians should have the opportunity to live their healthiest life. We can take the first step toward that vision by understanding the most pressing health challenges.
The Alexandria Health Department invites residents to “Building a Healthier Alexandria Together,” a community conversation on Wednesday, June 26, from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m., at Beth El Hebrew Congregation (3830 Seminary Road). The event will review the results from a year-long collaborative Community Health Assessment on our community's health status, and will outline next steps to address top issues. All residents are welcome to attend this free event and join efforts to build a healthier community.
- Join the conversation! RSVP to attend Building a Healthier Alexandria Together
- Can't make it in person? Watch and participate live online
What is a Community Health Assessment (CHA)?
- A CHA uses survey data, health statistics, and community input to identify, examine, and prioritize the most pressing issues that impact health.
- A CHA can help explain:
- What are Alexandria’s biggest health challenges?
- Who is affected?
- Where are unmet needs for services?
- Why are there health inequities in Alexandria?
AHD and community partners developed a comprehensive snapshot of health in Alexandria using this method.
Schedule of Meetings
- April 26, 2018 -- Kick Off Meeting
- July 26, 2018 -- Intro to Data Collection
- August 9, 2018 -- Storytelling through Photos
- November 3, 2018 -- Gathering Evidence & Examining Results
- June 26, 2019 -- Building a Healthier Alexandria Together: Community Health Assessment Report Release
The CHA Steering Committee, comprised of prominent community leaders committed to improving health and wellness in the City, helps to guide Alexandria's Community Health Assessment process and ensure representation from all Alexandrians’ voices.
Commitment to Community
All Alexandria residents are invited -- and encouraged! -- to help develop a complete picture of health by taking surveys, participating in public meetings, and inviting others to share their voices. You are essential to our success.
To see the outcome of the City's last assessment process and the resulting 2014-2019 Community Health Improvement Plan, please visit the Partnership for a Healthier Alexandria website.
Check this page for updates, or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on how you can get involved.