Building a Healthier Alexandria Together
All Alexandrians should have the opportunity to live their healthiest life.
You have an important role in making that vision a reality.
Alexandria Health Department and the Partnership for a Healthier Alexandria are facilitating the development of a 2020-2025 Community Health Improvement Plan (CHIP). This community-centered plan has equity at its core and answers the question:
What collective actions and structural changes do we need to eliminate differences in health outcomes?
Learn more about the timing and process below.
Catch up on CHIP here:
- Review their solutions and the resulting strategies here.
- Community member CHIP workgroups scored the strategies using equity, community acceptability, and impact as criteria. Learn more about the scoring process here.
- The CHIP workgroups narrowed the scored strategies further and landed on a top list per topic area with a number of potential tactics. Review the final strategies by topic area here.
- Now, workgroup members are researching these strategies to see if they are truly feasible for Alexandria. They are also identifying champions to help implement this work.
Can you serve as a strategy co-champion or help conduct research? Email Natalie Talis here.
2019 CHA Report
The 2019 Community Health Assessment (CHA) is a community-centered, data-driven review of Alexandria's health status. Learn about Alexandria's top ten health issues here, then help us build a plan to address them.
The below appendices include data, assessment results, and processes used to complete the CHA:
- Compiled Appendices
PDF of all appendices referenced
- Appendix A: Community Engagement
Summary of community outreach and engagement efforts
- Appendix B: Population Profile, City of Alexandria
Detailed maps and charts exploring resident demographics and characteristics
- Appendix C: Forces of Change Assessment Discussion and Responses
Complete CHA Steering Committee responses for the Forces of Change discussion
- Appendix D: Community Themes and Strengths Assessment
Communitywide survey results broken down by demographics and ZIP code
- Appendix E: Community Health Status Assessment Results (Updated)
Chart of health indicators used to identify disparities, trends, and progress towards state and national benchmarks
- Appendix F: Identifying Top Health Issues Methodology
Updated slide deck from CHA Steering Committee presentation
Commitment to Community
All Alexandria residents are invited -- and encouraged! -- to build Alexandria's Community Health Improvement Plan.
Check this page for updates, or email email@example.com for more information on how you can get involved.