On May 12, 1981, the Alexandria City Council passed an ordinance to create the Public Health Advisory Commission (PHAC). The PHAC's functions, powers and duties are to advise and support the City and City Council by evaluating and advising on all health matters and on the priority of public health needs in the City.
The PHAC consists of 16 members, including three citizen members who are health professionals, five citizen members who are non-health professionals, one physician practicing in the City, one dentist practicing in the City, one representative from the Alexandria Community Services Board, one representative from the Inova Alexandria Hospital, one representative from the Neighborhood Health Board of Directors, one representative from the City's Fire Department, one representative from the Alexandria City School Board and one representative from the Partnership for a Healthier Alexandria Steering Committee. The Commission is supported by the Alexandria Health Department.
List of Members
- Stacy Biddinger (Chair), Non-Health Professional
- Daniel Hawkins, Health Professional
- John Herring, Non-Health Professional
- Brian Hricik, Fire Department Representative
- Patrick Killeen, Non-Health Professional
- Allen Lomax, Partnership for a Healthier Alexandria Steering Committee Representative
- Richard Merritt, Non-Health Professional
- Michael Millman, Neighborhood Health, Inc. Representative
- Allison Miner, Non-Health Professional
- Patricia Rodgers (Vice-Chair), Health Professional
- Andrew Romero, Non-Health Professional
- Michael C. Trahos, MD, Practicing Physician Representative
If you are interested in becoming a member of the Commission, visit alexandriava.gov/Boards for more information.
Unless otherwise noted in the list below, the Public Health Advisory Commission meets on the third Thursday of the month from 5:30 - 7:00 p.m. at the Alexandria Health Department, 4480 King Street, in the 4th Floor Conference Room. Click here for the 2019 PHAC Calendar.
2019 Agenda and Meeting Minutes
- January 17, 2019
- February 21, 2019
- March 21, 2019
- April 18, 2019
- May 16, 2019
- June 20, 2019
- July 18, 2019
- August 15, 2019
- September 12, 2019
- October 17, 2019
- November 21, 2019
- December 19, 2019
City Staff Contact
Health Department, 703.746.4956