Zika Resources and Information
Contact Information for Disease Reporting
To Report a Disease
- Please consult Virginia Reportable Disease List
- Submit your report online at
VDH's Disease Reporting Portal
- For the latest updates, and rules and regulations for disease reporting, please consult VDH's website. If you experience any technical challenges using VDH's Disease Reporting Portal, please fill out our Disease Reporting Forms (Epi-1). You may fax this form to 703.746.4953 or mail it (ATTN: Communicable Disease) to 4480 King Street, Alexandria, VA 22302
- AHD Weekly Influenza Reporting Form
Need contact information for another local health department? Please visit the
VDH Local Health District Directory or visit our
Epidemiology page to learn more about Alexandria Health Department's program.
Virginia State law requires the reporting of certain diseases to the local health department serving the jurisdiction where the physician practices.
- Code of Virginia, sections 32.1-36 and 32.1-37
Regulations for Disease Reporting and Controlfrom the Board of Health, sections 12 VAC 5-90-80 and 12 VAC 5-90-90
Local Reports to Clinicians
Resources for Healthcare Providers
Clinicians' letters from the State Health Commissioner, training opportunities, best practices and meaningful use information:
Local Public Health Alerts
As needed, we send reports to healthcare providers to provide important public health information. If your office currently does not receive these reports directly from us and is interested in being added to the distribution list, contact us at 703.746.4951.