The alleged violations were discovered during a series of inspections conducted by EPA at the apartment complex starting in mid-January 2014 and continuing through March 2014. The EPA Order is a first step in addressing potential future risk of exposure from asbestos fibers and to ensure that any additional work at the apartment complex is done in accordance with local and federal regulations.
EPA at Hunting Point
For more information about the EPA's work at this site, including a fact sheet, please visit:
Learn About Asbestos
To learn more about asbestos, please visit:
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs): Asbestos (Virginia Department of Health)
- Asbestos and Health: Frequently Asked Questions (ATSDR*)
- Asbestos (Alexandria Health Department)
- Asbestos: Health Effects (ATSDR*)
- Cigarette Smoking, Asbestos Exposure, and Your Health (ATSDR*)
- Asbestos Exposure and Cancer Risk (National Cancer Institute)
*Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry
This page is no longer being updated.