Alexandria Health Department (AHD) uses epidemiologists to:
- investigate communicable diseases reported by healthcare providers, labs, and schools
- offer guidance to residents, schools, long-term care facilities, and others to prevent and control the spread of disease
- monitor trends and analyzes data to guide program and policy development.
4480 King Street
Alexandria, VA 22302
Need AHD's latest report to clinicians or information on mandatory disease reporting? Visit www.alexandriava.gov/65006 for our Information for Healthcare Providers page.
- HIV / AIDS
- Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS)
- Pertussis (Whooping Cough)
- Zika Virus
Visit www.alexandriava.gov/11622 for information on hazard substances like lead or radon.
Statistics & Vital Data
Below are resources available for health-related statistics, from the Virginia Department of Health and throughout the area:
- Health Matters Alexandria Dashboard
Centers for Disease Control (CDC) Data and Statistics
- KIDS Count Data Center
- US Census Bureau
- VDH Division of Health Statistics
- Weldon Cooper Center for Public Service
Publications & Reports
Learn about health trends in your area. Our publications and reports monitor regional trends and analyze local data. We offer this information to the public to guide program and policy development. Publications and reports are compiled by our epidemiologists, who investigate communicable diseases reported by healthcare providers, labs, and schools.