Immediate family members with a valid ID can get a vital record. This includes parents (mother/father), current spouse, child (son/daughter), siblings (brother sister) and grandparents.
Eligible persons can obtain a Death Certificate in the following ways:
- Alexandria Health Department Main Office (for certificates issued in the last five years)
4480 King Street (2nd Floor), Alexandria, VA 22302
For hours, visit alexandriava.gov/11474
- Virginia Department of Motor Vehicles (various locations)
- VDH Office of Vital Records (Richmond, VA)
Other Vital Records: Birth Certificates, Divorce Certificates, Marriage Certificates
Eligible persons can obtain other Vital Records via various methods (walk-in, online, mail) through the following sources:
- Alexandria Clerk of the Court (Marriage, Divorce)
- VDH Office of Vital Records
Virginia Department of Motor Vehicles
Fees and hours vary by location.