Alexandria Archaeology Museum
The Museum is now open Friday and Saturday, 11 a.m. – 4 p.m. and Sundays 1-4 p.m. Admission is free and is on a walk-up basis. The Museum will operate at 25% capacity to ensure physical distancing.
Covid-19 Operation Guidelines
The Office of Historic Alexandria established the following guidelines to ensure consistent operations during the COVID-19 pandemic. Staff will regularly re-evaluate them through the remainder of 2020 based on available staffing levels and as the region moves through Phase 3 of the Forward Virginia plan. Includes guidelines for guided tours, volunteers, rentals, public programs and events, and on-site research and collections use by the public.
- Covid-19 Operation Guidelines
- For additional information about the City of Alexandria’s actions, visit alexandriava.gov/Coronavirus.
We have enacted additional measures to ensure the safety of our visitors and staff. We ask that visitors:
1. Wash hands upon arrival (in Torpedo Factory restrooms or at hand-sanitizing station at the entrance).
2. Wear a face covering while visiting as required by the Commonwealth of Virginia (exceptions include children under 10 and people with health conditions that do not allow them to wear face coverings).
3. Follow one-way traffic patterns through the museum and maintain physical distancing.
4. Please do not touch exhibits or displays.
Museum staff are implementing safety standards based on Department of Health recommendations, including
1. Requiring all staff wearing face coverings in the building.
2. Enhanced daily cleaning, including disinfecting high-touch surfaces throughout the day.
3. Providing hand sanitizer and tissues throughout the museum.
4. Restricting visitation to seven visitors at a time to ensure physical distancing.
5. Installing plexiglass sneeze guards at shop counters.