The Friends of Fort Ward provides funding for projects such as:
- Sponsoring selected publications, such as Mr. Lincoln’s Forts: A Guide to the Civil War Defenses of Washington (1st ed.) by B. Franklin Cooling and Walton H. Owen, The Men of Fort Ward by William J. Miller, and The Civil War Diary of Anne Frobel, Dallas and Mary Lancaster, eds.
- Professional conservation of collection objects.
- The purchase of professional collection storage units for the Museum.
- Purchasing objects for the Museum’s collection.
- Museum exhibitions.
- Guided bus tours of Civil War sites.
- Erosion control/preservation projects in the earthwork fort.
- Sponsoring Museum programs and special projects
Why join the Friends of Fort Ward?
As a member of the Friends of Fort Ward, you’ll receive...
- Invitations to exclusive exhibit previews and receptions at Fort Ward.
- A 10% discount on items sold in the Museum shop.
- Discounts on Civil War bus tours and other events sponsored by the Friends of Fort Ward.
Plus, it’s a great way to help keep history alive at Fort Ward!
How to Join
To become a member of the Friends of Fort Ward, sign up online through The Alexandria Shop, or send your donation to:
The Friends of Fort Ward
4301 West Braddock Road
Alexandria, Virginia 22304
- Corporate - $500
- Lifetime Member - $500
- Patron - $250
- Sustaining - $100
- Contributing - $60
- Organization - $30
- Individual - $15