Rentals and Private Events: General Information
The Friendship Fire Company was established in 1774, as the first volunteer fire company in Alexandria. The current firehouse was built in 1855, was substantially remodeled in 1871, and was restored by the City of Alexandria in 1992.
For more information and booking: contact the facilities coordinator online or call 703.746.4994.
Covid-19 Operation Guidelines
The Office of Historic Alexandria established the following guidelines to ensure consistent operations during the COVID-19 pandemic. Staff will regularly re-evaluate them through the remainder of 2020 based on available staffing levels and as the region moves through Phase 3 of the Forward Virginia plan. Includes guidelines for guided tours, volunteers, rentals, public programs and events, and on-site research and collections use by the public.
Event Spaces and Capacity
- First floor Engine Room exhibit area (15 people)
- Second floor meeting room and Marshall Beverly Room (40 people)
- The entire building (55 people)
Disabled access: ADA compliant; wheelchair accessible to second floor.
Parking and transportation
Limited street parking in residential area; public parking within one block; DASH bus on King Street, less than one block away; approximately. 20-minunte walk to King Street Metro station (Blue and Yellow lines).