Rum was a staple amongst the drinks that the colonists and early Americans consumed. Available merchant and store accounts of the period show small quantities of rum being sold to almost every customer every few days. Rum was most likely mixed with water, sugar, citrus juices and spices to form a punch. Punch bowls ranged in size from large communal bowls to smaller ones for individual servings.
The origins of the Rum Punch Challenge came from the Museum’s participation in the American Whiskey Trail, an educational journey into the cultural heritage and history of spirits in America. For more information visit, www.americanwhiskeytrail.com.
- 2017 - Bacardi
- 2016 - Bilbo Baggins Restaurant
- 2015 - Bilbo Baggins Restaurant
- 2014 - FireFlies
- 2013 - Cutters of Barbados
- 2012 - Bittersweet
- 2011 - Dogfish Head Craft Distillery
- 2010 - Bacardi
- 2009 - Bittersweet
- 2008 - Dogfish Head Craft Distillery
- 2007 - Bittersweet
- 2006 - Splendid Fare Catering
- 2005 - Dogfish Head Craft Distillery