About the George Washington Birthday Celebration Committee
Meetings of the George Washington Birthday Celebration Committee are open to the public and are held on the third Monday of each month at 7:00 p.m. For more information, visit the Committee's website at www.washingtonbirthday.com.
Committee members are appointed by City Council and must be citizens of Alexandria. Approximately three to five hours per month are required of Committee members. Citizens interested in filling vacancies should contact the Office of Historic Alexandria at 703.746.4554 for more information. For further information about the responsibilities of this board or commission, or to apply to serve on this board or commission, contact the City Clerk's Office at 703.746.4550.
Number of Members: 19
- 1 Member nominated by the American Legion
- 2 Citizen members that are veterans
- 1 Member nominated by the Masonic Fraternity
- 1 Member nominated by the City of Alexandria Pipe and Drums
- 7 Citizen Members
- The City Manager or the Manager's Designee
- The Director of the Transportation Division of the Department of Transportation and Environmental Services
- 1 Member nominated by the Gadsby's Tavern Museum Society
- 1 Member nominated by the Friendship Veterans Fire Engine Assn.
- 1 Member to be nominated by the City of Alexandria Chapter of the Daughters of the American Revolution
- 1 Member to be nominated by the First Virginia Regiment of the Continental Line
- 1 Member who attends High School in the City of Alexandria
- 1 Member to be nominated by the George Washington Chapter of the Sons of the American Revolution
Term of Service
City Staff Contact
Gretchen Bulova, Office of Historic Alexandria, 703.746.4554.
- GWBCC Agenda August 19, 2019
- GWBCC Agenda July 15, 2019