Status Update from Historic Alexandria
In compliance with the governor’s Stay-at-Home order, the Office of Historic Alexandria (OHA) sites are closed and public programs are cancelled until further notice. Refer to the Calendar for the status of Commission and other departmental associated meetings.
Alexandria History Museum at The Lyceum will reopen first when Northern
Virginia enters Phase II of the Commonwealth’s Forward Virginia Plan in
mid-to-late June. Gadsby’s Tavern Museum and Fort Ward Museum & Historic
Park will follow in Phase III.
For additional information about the City of Alexandria’s actions, visit https://www.alexandriava.gov/Coronavirus.
The following properties are impacted by this closure:
- Alexandria Archaeology Museum
- Alexandria Black History Museum
- Alexandria's History Museum at The Lyceum (Opening in Phase II)
- Archives and Records Center
- Fort Ward Museum and Historic Site (Opening in Phase III)
- Freedom House
- Friendship Firehouse Museum
- Gadsby's Tavern Museum (Opening in Phase III)
- Stabler-Leadbeater Apothecary Museum
In the meantime, we invite the public to explore the history of Alexandria through its online resources by visiting alexandriava.gov/Historic and museum websites for more information. These resources include:
#HistoricALX2U Miss visiting your favorite Historic Alexandria sites? Looking for some fun historic activities to share with your kids at home? Let our staff bring history virtually to you!