Status Update from Historic Alexandria
In compliance with the governor’s Stay-at-Home order, the Office of Historic Alexandria (OHA) sites are closed and public programs are cancelled until further notice. Refer to the Calendar for the status of Commission and other departmental associated meetings.
The Alexandria History Museum at The Lyceum will open in July followed by Gadsby’s Tavern Museum opening later in the summer. For additional information about the City of Alexandria’s actions, visit alexandriava.gov/Coronavirus.
The following properties are impacted by this closure:
- Alexandria Archaeology Museum
- Alexandria Black History Museum
- Alexandria's History Museum at The Lyceum (Opening in July)
- Archives and Records Center
- Fort Ward Museum and Historic Site
- Freedom House
- Friendship Firehouse Museum
- Gadsby's Tavern Museum (Opening later this summer)
- Stabler-Leadbeater Apothecary Museum
In the meantime, we invite the public to explore the history of Alexandria through its online resources by visiting alexandriava.gov/Historic and museum websites for more information. These resources include:
#HistoricALX2U Miss visiting your favorite Historic Alexandria sites? Looking for some fun historic activities to share with your kids at home? Let our staff bring history virtually to you!