Covid-19 Operation Guidelines
The Office of Historic Alexandria established the following guidelines to ensure consistent operations during the COVID-19 pandemic. Staff will regularly re-evaluate them through the remainder of 2020 based on available staffing levels and as the region moves through Phase 3 of the Forward Virginia plan. Includes guidelines for guided tours, volunteers, rentals, public programs and events, and on-site research and collections use by the public.
Look for Historic Alexandria on the Web and through Social Media. Here is where to find us.
Miss visiting your favorite Historic Alexandria sites? Looking for some fun historic activities to share with your kids at home? Let our staff bring history virtually to you! Each weekday we will share new stories and content - everything from virtual tours of the sites and museums to fun and educational activities
To begin receiving information about Historic Alexandria programs, special events, news and more, update your subscription or subscribe to Alexandria eNews. The following Historic Alexandria subscriptions are available:
- Historic Alexandria News Releases: Sign up to receive This Week in Historic Alexandria and news releases.
- Alexandria Community Remembrance Project: The Alexandria Community Remembrance Project (ACRP) is a city-wide initiative dedicated to helping
Alexandria understand its history of racial terror hate crimes and to work toward creating a welcoming
community bound by equity and inclusion. Sign up to receive the latest ACRP eNews to learn more about
committees, public meetings, and programs that support this important community initiative.
- Alexandria Archaeology: for occasional emails about events, news of our work and archaeology in the region.
- Gadsby’s Tavern Museum: Tavern-E Times has notices about up-to-date events, programs, announcements, and information about Gadsby’s Tavern Museum.
Like us on Facebook and share your support for history. In addition to the Historic Alexandria Museums listed below, two other Alexandria sites, Carlyle House and the Lee-Fendall House, are also on Facebook.
- Historic Alexandria, Virginia
- Alexandria Archaeology Museum
- Gadsby’s Tavern Museum
- Stabler Leadbeater Apothecary Museum
- Alexandria History Museum at The Lyceum
Follow us on Twitter
- Historic Alexandria @HistoricAlexVA. See what happened Today in History.
- Alexandra Archaeology Museum @AlexArchaeology.
- Alexandria History Museum at The Lyceum @AlexLyceum.
- Gadsby's Tavern Museum @JohnGadsby. Follow Mr. Gadsby.
- Historic Alexandria on YouTube.
- Alexandria Archaeology Museum on YouTube.
- Gadsby's Tavern Museum on YouTube, Instagram and Pinterest.
- Stabler-Leadbeater Apothecary Museum on Pinterest.