Make your child’s birthday a historic occasion! Gadsby’s Tavern Museum, Stabler-Leadbeater Apothecary Museum, and Friendship Firehouse Museum each offer a complete birthday package to make your party planning as easy as possible. Each museum provides 90 minutes worth of guided activities in addition to party supplies for up to 10 children for only $250. For more information about the program packages, maximum number of children, and activity choices, download this informational flyer.
If your child loves archaeology, then a birthday at the Alexandria Archaeology Museum may be for you. Parents can schedule an hour-long Archaeology Adventure Lesson at $2 per child. Cake and presents must be done off-site.
Visit our online calendar for the latest information about the Office of Historic Alexandria’s upcoming events. Popular annual events include:
- Yuletide by Candlelight (Locations vary, December)
- Christmas in Camp (Fort Ward Museum (December)
- Emancipation Day (Alexandria Black History Museum, April)
- Family Dig Days (Alexandria Archaeology, summer)
- Friendship Firehouse Festival (Friendship Firehouse, August)
- George Washington’s Birthnight Ball (Gadsby's Tavern Museum, February)
- Poe in Alexandria (The Lyceum, October)
- The Real World Science Behind Harry Potter (Stabler-Leadbeater Apothecary Museum, July)