How to Use Ask Alex
Alexandria is known for its centuries of history. Information about many of its historic sites can be found by following these easy steps.
- Print the Ask Alex Cell Tours brochure before your visit to Alexandria
- Dial 703.229.8632 into your cellular phone and follow the prompts as necessary.
- Key in the number of the location that you want to learn more about. The location numbers are listed on the brochure.
- After pressing the number of the location you are interested in, press #.
- For a new location, key in the new location number and press #.
There is no additional charge to use this service, but regular minute usage may be charged by your cell phone provider.
Ask Alex Cell Tours includes the following historic sites:
- Alexandria Visitor Center at Ramsay House, 221 King Street
- Alexandria History Museum at The Lyceum, 201 S. Washington Street
- Torpedo Factory Art Center, 105 N. Union Street
- George Washington Masonic National Memorial, 101 Callahan Drive
- US Patent and Trademark Office Museum, 600 Dulany Street
- Carlyle House Historic Park, 121 N. Fairfax Street
- Gadsby’s Tavern Museum, 134 N. Royal Street
- Stabler-Leadbeater Apothecary Museum, 105-107 S. Fairfax Street
- Lee-Fendall House and Garden, 614 Oronoco Street
- Alexandria Black History Museum, 902 Wythe Street
- Friendship Firehouse Museum, 107 S. Alfred Street
- Fort Ward Museum Historic Site, 4301 W. Braddock Road
- Contrabands’ and Freedmen’s Cemetery, S. Washington and Church Streets
- Northern Virginia Urban League Freedom House Museum, 1315 Duke Street
- Alexandria Archaeology Museum, 105 N. Union Street, suite 327
- Christ Church, 118 N. Washington Street
- Old Presbyterian Meeting House, 321 S. Fairfax Street
- The Athenaeum, 201 Prince Street
- Alexandria City Hall, 301 King Street
- Market Square, 301 King Street in front of Alexandria City Hall
- Lloyd House, 220 N. Washington Street
- African American Heritage Park, Duke Street and Holland Lane