Reopening March 25:
Alexandria History Museum at The Lyceum
We are excited that the museum is reopening on March 25..
For the City of Alexandria’s COVID updates and resources, visit alexandriava.gov/Coronavirus.
Covid-19 Operation Guidelines
The Office of Historic Alexandria established the following guidelines to ensure consistent operations during the COVID-19 pandemic. Staff will regularly re-evaluate them through the remainder of 2020 based on available staffing levels and as the region moves through Phase 3 of the Forward Virginia plan. Includes guidelines for guided tours, volunteers, rentals, public programs and events, and on-site research and collections use by the public.
Timed Tickets Recommended
To promote physical distancing, you may be asked to wait and be admitted as space permits. To guarantee an entry time, please purchase a timed entrance pass in The Alexandria Shop prior to arrival and receive a discount off of admission!
Reopening March 25, 2021
Thursday 11 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Friday 11 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Saturday 11 a.m.– 5 p.m.
Come tour our exhibit galleries, enjoy our museum shop, and view our new special exhibition, “Witnessing Worship: A Photographic Study of Faith in Alexandria.”
We have enacted additional measures to ensure the safety of our visitors and staff. We ask that visitors:
- Wash hands upon arrival (in museum restrooms or at hand-sanitizing station at the entrance).
- Wear a face covering while visiting as required by the Commonwealth of Virginia (exceptions include children under 10 and people with health conditions that do not allow them to wear face coverings).
- Follow one-way traffic patterns through the museum and maintain physical distancing.
- Limit group sizes to less than ten people.
- Be prepared to pay for museum shop purchases with a credit card only.
- Please do not touch exhibits or displays.
Museum staff are implementing safety standards based on Department of Health recommendations, including
- Requiring all staff wearing face coverings in the building.
- Enhanced daily cleaning, including disinfecting high-touch surfaces throughout the day.
- Providing hand sanitizer and tissues throughout the museum.
- Restricting admission to timed entry to ensure physical distancing.
- Installing plexiglass sneeze guards at shop counters.
Thank you, and we look forward to seeing you when the Alexandria History Museum at The Lyceum opens soon!