Welcome to the Office of Housing!
We provide a range of services to homeowners, renters, homebuyers, landlords and property managers and collaborate with development partners to preserve and create affordable and accessible housing options across the City of Alexandria. Please download our 2019 housing resource guide in English, Spanish, Amharic, and Arabic, visit our resource links, and check out what's new! Learn about our mission, vision, and values.
For information about public housing and the Housing Choice (Section 8) Voucher Program, please contact the Alexandria Redevelopment and Housing Authority.
A portion of the City's housing activities are funded through annual grants from the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development's CDBG and HOME programs (check out our video!). The Office of Housing also works with programs funded and/or administered by the Virginia Department of Housing and Community Development and the Virginia Housing Development Authority.
- Alexandria Nonprofit Expands Affordability at Parkstone through Innovative Partnership
- City of Alexandria Hosts Successful 2020 Housing Summit!
- Condominium and Community Association Training Announced
- Friends of Guest House Celebrates Opening of Second Residential Program
- Learn about the City's Housing Response to National Landing
+ much more!