Welcome to the Office of Housing!
We provide a range of services to homeowners, renters, homebuyers, landlords and property managers and collaborate with development partners to preserve and create affordable and accessible housing options across the City of Alexandria. Please download our 2018 housing resource guide in English, Spanish, Amharic, and Arabic, visit our resource links, and check out what's new!
For information about public housing and the Housing Choice (Section 8) Voucher Program, please contact the Alexandria Redevelopment and Housing Authority.
A portion of the City's housing activities are funded through annual grants from the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development's CDBG and HOME programs (check out our video!). The Office of Housing also works with programs funded and/or administered by the Virginia Department of Housing and Community Development and the Virginia Housing Development Authority.
- The City Celebrates April as Fair Housing Month
- Draft FY 2020 Action Plan for Housing and Community Development Released
- ARHA Announces Public Hearing on Draft Amendment to 2019 Annual Agency Plan
- 2019 Apartment Survey Released
- Learn about the City's Housing Response to National Landing
- Track the City's Progress on Housing Priorities on the City's Performance Dashboard
- Resolution 830 Working Group - Positioning Publicly-Assisted Housing for the Future
+ much more!
How to Get Involved and Stay Informed!
The Office of Housing is organized into three divisions. Click here to learn more.