Welcome to the Office of Housing!
We provide a range of services to homeowners, renters, homebuyers, landlords and property managers and collaborate with development partners to preserve and create affordable and accessible housing options across the City of Alexandria. Please download our housing resource guide in English, Spanish, Amharic, or Arabic, visit our resource links, and check out what's new! For information about public housing and the Housing Choice (Section 8) Voucher Program, please contact the Alexandria Redevelopment and Housing Authority.
A portion of the City's housing activities are funded through annual grants from the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development's CDBG and HOME programs (check out our video!). The Office of Housing also works with programs funded and/or administered by the Virginia Department of Housing and Community Development and the Virginia Housing Development Authority.
- City of Alexandria Recognizes "Housing Heroes"
- Community Lodgings and HomeAid Complete Renovation of Transitional Housing Units
- Congressman Don Beyer tours St. James Construction Site
- Large Affordable Unit for Sale at The Fountains
- Affordable rental units now available at Southern Towers
- AHDC Seeks Accountant to Serve on Board of Directors
+ much more!
How to Get Involved and Stay Informed!
The Office of Housing is organized into three divisions. Click here to learn more.