Welcome to the Office of Housing!
We provide a range of services to homeowners, renters, homebuyers, landlords and property managers and collaborate with development partners to preserve and create affordable and accessible housing options across the City of Alexandria. Please download our 2018 housing resource guide in English and Spanish (updated versions of our Amharic and Arabic guides will be available shortly), visit our resource links, and check out what's new!
For information about public housing and the Housing Choice (Section 8) Voucher Program, please contact the Alexandria Redevelopment and Housing Authority.
A portion of the City's housing activities are funded through annual grants from the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development's CDBG and HOME programs (check out our video!). The Office of Housing also works with programs funded and/or administered by the Virginia Department of Housing and Community Development and the Virginia Housing Development Authority.
- Two Discounted Units Available at Silverado Alexandria
- Affordable Two-Bedroom for Sale at The Seasons
- Affordable Units Leased Within One Week at The Thornton
- St James Plaza Opens Doors to 2,400 Waitlist; ADA Units Still Available
- Resolution 830 Working Group - Positioning Publicly-Assisted Housing for the Future
+ much more!
How to Get Involved and Stay Informed!
The Office of Housing is organized into three divisions. Click here to learn more.