"All In" Together for Alexandria Housing Affordability!
The Office of Housing is pleased to announce the 2020 Housing Summit! This full-day event will examine the progress and implementation of the 2013 Housing Master Plan and explore bold new ideas to address the City’s affordable housing challenges and opportunities in 2020 and beyond. Registration is now open!
Date: Saturday January, 11, 2020 (Inclement weather date: Saturday February 1, 2020)
Location: Lee Center, 1108 Jefferson Street, Alexandria, VA 22314
Time: 8:30 a.m.-4 p.m.
Download our flyer here!
The event will feature:
- Morning bus tours highlighting recent affordable housing developments in the City of Alexandria.
- Exhibits showcasing programs and services provided by the City's affordable housing partners.
- An opening plenary that reflects on the accomplishments of the Housing Master Plan within the context of city's complex housing history and explores new directions to expand housing opportunity and promote equity, featuring remarks from Minneapolis' Director of Housing Policy and Development, Andrea Brennan.
- Breakout sessions on Alexandria's approach for Housing for All including innovative partnerships, financing models, and regulatory tools.
- An engaging closing plenary that examines local, regional, and state approaches to foster an inclusive and vibrant community.
- Free childcare will be provided on-site. Please note any childcare needs during registration.
- Free language interpretation services will be provided upon advance request. Please note any interpretation needs during registration.
- If you need reasonable disability accommodations to attend the event or to register for the event, please contact Gwen Lassister at firstname.lastname@example.org or 703.746.4990, Virginia Relay 711.
- Free parking is available on site. DASH and WMATA provide bus service to the Lee Center.
More questions? Please check out our Frequently Asked Questions.
- Creating Opportunities for Housing through Partnerships and Innovation
- Housing the Future Workforce and Ensuring that all Benefit
- Alexandria's American Dream
- The New Housing for All