"All In" Together for Alexandria Housing Affordability!
NEW! The Office of Housing thanks all participants who attended the January 11 2020 Housing Summit! This full-day event examined the progress and implementation of the 2013 Housing Master Plan and explored bold new ideas to address the City's affordable housing challenges and opportunities in 2020 and beyond. Summit presentations have been posted. Photos, panelist biographies, and video recordings of the event will be available shortly!
AICP Credits: Now available!
Follow us on social media and
sign up for eNews.
The event featured:
- Morning bus tours highlighting recent affordable housing developments in the City of Alexandria.
- Exhibits showcasing programs and services provided by the City's affordable housing partners.
- An opening plenary that reflects on the accomplishments of the Housing Master Plan within the context of city's complex housing history and explores new directions to expand housing opportunity and promote equity, featuring remarks from Minneapolis' Director of Housing Policy and Development, Andrea Brennan.
- Breakout sessions on Alexandria's approach for Housing for All including innovative partnerships, financing models, and regulatory tools.
- An engaging closing plenary that examines local, regional, and state approaches to foster an inclusive and vibrant community.
More questions? Please check out our Frequently Asked Questions.
Event Schedule and Speakers
- Creating Opportunities for Housing through Partnerships and Innovation (Speakers: Nina Janopaul, Dr. Gregory C. Hutchings, Jr., Buwa Binitie, Kat Turner. Moderator: Michelle Krocker)
- Housing the Future Workforce and Ensuring that all Benefit (Speakers: Stephanie Landrum, Evelin Urrutia, AJ Jackson, George Leventhal. Moderator: Helen S. McIlvaine)
- Alexandria's American Dream (Speakers: Katharine Dixon, Max Pastore, Robert J. Adams, Akeria Brown. Moderator: Brandi D. Collins)
- The New Housing for All (Speakers: James H. Edmondson, Kamilah McAfee, Sarah Scott, James Simmons III. Moderator: Jonathan Frederick)