Housing Choice Voucher Program
The Housing Choice Voucher (HCV) program, formerly Section 8, is administered locally by the Alexandria Redevelopment & Housing Authority (ARHA). The Program welcomes new landlords interested in accepting tenants with HCVs. To learn about eligibility requirements, click here. To download FAQs, click here. For more information, please contact:
- Marquisha Dean, ARHA Intake Program Manager, 703-549-7115, ext. 142
- Janell Diaz, ARHA Senior Intake Leasing Specialist, 703-549-7115, ext. 174
Fair Housing Law Training
To promote compliance with fair housing laws among businesses involved in the sale, rental or management of property in the City of Alexandria, the Office of Housing provides training upon request for real estate and property management companies. To learn more, contact Melodie Seau at email@example.com or 703-746-4990.
The Office of Housing provides housing-related mediation between landlords and tenants by mutual agreement. To learn more, contact Melodie Seau at firstname.lastname@example.org or 703-746-4990.
- Download the Guide to Landlord-Tenant Laws & Policies to learn about tenants and landlord rights and responsibilities within the City.
Housing Policies and Resolutions
- Download the Housing Conversion Assistance Policy and Housing Relocation Assistance Policy to learn about City guidance to developers of rental projects that involve demolition, substantial rehabilitation, relocation, conversion to another use, sale of a rental condominium or cooperative units, and/or termination of affordable set-aside units.
- Download the Voluntary Rent Increase Resolution to learn about City guidance to owners of rental properties regarding annual rent increases.
Rental Accessibility Modification Program (RAMP)
For information on the Rental Accessibility Modification Program, click here.