Fiscal Year 2014 Grant Awards
- Alexandria's Food and Wine Festival/S&B Event Management, LLC: $5,200
To support marketing activities for the second year of this event, held in conjunction with the Carlyle Community Council and the Society for Human Resources Management, in the Carlyle community.
- Alexandria Running and Family Festivals/Marathon Charity Cooperation: $6,000
To support regional marketing activities for the fifth annual Alexandria Running Festival's new Family Festival event.
- Alexandria Stylebook: $4,300
To support an online "stylebook" promoting the city as the hub of creative and attainable fashion, and to provide a vehicle for collaborative marketing between upscale retailers with demographically similar customer bases.
- Art League/Sixtieth Anniversary Celebration: $20,000
To support marketing of the Art League's 60-year history as a dynamic artistic community arts o organization, culminating in the first National Portrait and Figure Conference in October 2014.
- Cobblestone Runway Lookbooks/Bishop Boutique: $2,670
To support the promotion of Alexandria boutiques and shops through a "look book," or fashion diary.
- First Night Alexandria: $8,642
For efforts to expand the event audience, increase attendance and advance ticket sales, and to develop awareness of the event in the greater metropolitan area through two new targeted marketing campaigns.
- Handcrafted Alexandria: $3,000
To support efforts to promote the Handcrafted Alexandria brand and promote the valuable presence of a vibrant arts community.
- Learning Life -- Alexandria History and Business Bags: $3,522
To inform more Alexandrians and visitors about the richness of the City's history; increase the number of visitors to Alexandria museums and participating businesses; and provide local value-added bags for participating businesses.
- Old Town Arts and Crafts Fair/Volunteer Alexandria: $2,230
To support marketing activities associated with Volunteer Alexandria's signature event,
- Old Town Boutique District/Santa Station in Old Town: $8,875
To support the Boutique District's efforts to expand the Santa Station Project.
- Old Town Boutique District/Shop Local /Sidewalk Sale/Black Friday: $5,004
To support efforts to promote the popular Sidewalk Sale and Black Friday event in an effort to boost sales.
- Torpedo Factory Art Center Board/Fortieth Anniversary Rebranding, up to $25,000
For rebranding the organization and redesigning the Torpedo Factory website with full mobile capabilities.
- S&B Events Management -- Alexandria Food and Wine Festival: $10,000
To support efforts for the promotion of the Carlyle area as a place that will attract more businesses and tourists through the second annual Alexandria Food and Wine Festival.
- Carpenter's Shelter Cook-Off: $7,000
To support promotion of the Carpenter's Cook Off, which raises funds to support the shelter.
- Christmas Attic & Union Street Businesses -- Christmas in July: $1,500
To support promotion of the third annual Christmas in July Celebration to help boost sales to area stores during the tourist season and showcase businesses along Union Street.
- First Night Alexandria Web Campaign: $10,683
For promoting the 2012 First Night Alexandria event through an expanded social media campaign.
- Handcrafted Alexandria -- Marketing Campaign Expansion: $6,000
To support marketing activities to promote the Handcrafted Alexandria brand.
- Old Town Boutique District -- Santa Station: $20,000:
For marketing activities associated with an expanded holiday promotion bringing Santa Claus to Old Town.
- Old Town Boutique District -- Shop Local Summer Sidewalk Sale: $9,042
For marketing activities promoting Old Town as a unified shopping destination for a summer shopping event.
- Social Shop Media, LLC -- Alexandria Stylebook: $8,000
For promotion of Alexandria Stylebook, a weekly website feature that showcases the fashions in local businesses.
- Torpedo Factory Art Center Board-- Advertising Campaign: $12,716
For design and purchase of four full size ads promoting the Art Center in the Washington/Alexandria metropolitan area's most popular visitor publications: Where Guestbook (Washington D.C.), Where Magazine (Washington, D.C.), The Official Map of Old Town Alexandria and Official Alexandria Visitors Guide.
- Endurance Enterprises, LLC -- Woodrow Wilson Bridge Half Marathon: $13,550
To support marketing of the 2013 Woodrow Wilson Bridge Half Marathon events in Alexandria.
Wright to Read/Hooray for Books -- Alexandria Story Festival, $700: For support of the 2012 Alexandria Story Festival, a daylong celebration of books, authors and reading for children that promotes early childhood literacy in Alexandria and the surrounding area.
Fiscal Year 2012 Grant Awards
- Alexandria Story Festival: $1,000
For support of the 2011 Alexandria Story Festival, a daylong celebration of books, authors and reading for children that promotes early childhood literacy in Alexandria and the surrounding area.
- Del Ray Business Association: $21,750
For reformatting the DRBA Web site to highlight area businesses and activities for residents and visitors, and for a holiday television advertising campaign.
- Old Town Boutique District: $15,500 For marketing activities associated with an expanded holiday promotion bringing Santa Claus to Old Town.
- Torpedo Factory Artists Association (TFAA): $19,075
For support of TFAA's efforts attract more visitors to the Torpedo Factory and increase visitor spending in Alexandria through the purchase advertisements in four key publications targeted to visitors.
- West End Event Productions: $19,469
For support of marketing activities associated with the West End Wine and Arts Festival 2011.
- Access through the Arts/Alexandria Arts Forum: $35,000
To support marketing strategies of the Kaleidoscope project, a series of signature visual and performing arts events throughout Alexandria.
- Carpenter's Shelter: $15,000
For support of a marketing campaign for the Carpenter's Cook-Off, the organization's benefit event featuring local restaurants.
- First Night Alexandria: $12,000
In support of social media strategies and an online advertising campaign activities to increase the awareness of and attendance at the 2011 First Night Alexandria.
- Alexandria Food and Wine Festival c/o S&B Events: $11,225
For marketing activities associated with the Alexandria Food and Wine Festival, and promotion of the Carlyle neighborhood.
- Arlandria-Chirilagua Business Association: $15,000
For marketing activities associated with the promotion of the Arlandria community as a shopping and dining destination for tourists and residents throughout Alexandria.
- 2012 Christmas in July Celebration, c/o The Christmas Attic: $3,111
To support promotion of the third annual Christmas in July Celebration to help boost sales to area stores during the tourist season.