Reporting Fraud, Waste and Abuse
In the City of Alexandria, we consider maintaining the public trust to be our top priority. To help ensure that we provide residents, vendors, employees and others who visit the City with a trustworthy, efficient, effective and open government, the City has established an online reporting form, hosted by a third party vendor.
This reporting form allows residents, vendors, visitors and City employees to confidentially report:
- Violations of laws, rules or regulations
- Gross mismanagement
- Gross waste of funds
- Abuse of authority or issues that affect public health and safety
- Procurement fraud
- Suspected theft of City funds or assets
- Kickbacks or bribery
- Suspected worker’s compensation fraud
- False reimbursement claims
- Employee conduct that violates City, state, or federal laws
- Other issues that might be criminal in nature
Please use the Ethical Advocate form to submit a report to the City’s Internal Audit Department.
City service complaints that are not suspected fraud, waste or abuse should be reported online using Call.Click.Connect. Once a report is made, a request is made to the appropriate City department and the request is tracked until it is completed. City service related complaints include but are not limited to:
- Missed trash pick-up
- Animal-related questions (stray dogs, rabies, adoption, etc.)
- Residential parking permits
- Unclaimed property requests
- How to register a vehicle with the City
- Information on City taxes
- Paying or contesting a parking citation
Please use Call.Click.Connect. to submit a City service complaint.