For many, fear of being stranded without a vehicle is intimidating, preventing use of a transportation alternative. Those who are carpooling, vanpooling, walking, bicycling, or using public transportation may not be getting the full benefit of their transportation mode.
The Guaranteed Ride Home (GRH) program is an added bonus for those using a transportation alternative, and for commuters wanting to try a new transportation mode, it takes away the fear of not being able to get home in the case of an emergency or unexpected overtime that may arise during the workday.
Through the Guaranteed Ride Home program eligible commuters will receive a free ride home from work under special circumstances.
Use GRH for:
- personal or family emergencies;
- unscheduled overtime;
- unscheduled departure of carpool driver.
Key points of the Guaranteed Ride Home program:
- Eligible commuters are those getting to and from work by carpool, vanpool, walking, bicycling, or public transportation a minimum of twice a week.
- GRH is a free service provided by Commuter Connections. Commuters, however, are responsible for taxi cab gratuities and rental car taxes, fuel, and insurance (where applicable).
- Registered commuters may use the GRH program up to four (4) times annually from their official registration date.
- A commuter using the GRH service may need to use a taxi, car rental, transit, or any combination of these services to reach their destination point as determined by Commuter Connections.
- GRH service is available between 6:00 a.m. and 10:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, except holidays and unplanned federal government office closings.
- Once eligibility has been determined, registrants are mailed a Commuter ID card which will be needed when requesting GRH service. Registration is good for one year and will need to be renewed to remain active in the program.
For participation guidelines, additional information, and to register for GRH, visit Commuter Connections or call 800-745-RIDE (7433).