The Holmes Run Trail pedestrian and bicycle crossing over Holmes Run at Chambliss Street was completed in the fall of 2013. The project connected the trail networks in Alexandria and Fairfax County, and included stream bank stabilization and restoration.
- 100% Design Plan After Adjustments for Tropical Storm Lee Damage
- 90% Design Plan
- Virginia Department of Environmental Quality Section 401 Certification
- Virginia Marine Resources Commission Formal Protest Letters
- City of Alexandria Response to VMRC Protest Letters
- Updated Conceptual Plan of Chambliss Crossing Project shown without handrail (Revised 30 July 2010)Memo to City Council: October, 8, 2009
Thursday, September 24, 2009 -- FINAL Community Meeting for Study
The meeting included a presentation of proposed options and a preferred alternative which will serve as the concept for future a planned stream bank restoration and crossing project.
- Presentation (2.6 MB)
- Preferred Alternative (Restoration and Low-Profile Crossing)
- Preferred Alternative Cross Section
- Community Petition
- City Response
Saturday, May 30, 2009 -- Community Meeting #3
This meeting featured a tutorial on streambank stabilization/restoration and a site visit/Q&A with the project team
Thursday, May 28, 2009 -- Community Meeting #2
This meeting featured a project update and engineer's opinion of probable crossing type.
March 18, 2009 -- Project Kickoff (Community Meeting #1)
Project contact: For more information, please contact Carrie Sanders, 703-746-4088, email@example.com