The project is complete!
- Removing peak hour parking restrictions on Stevenson Avenue to maintain one travel lane in each direction
- Lowering the speed limit from 35mph to 25mph
- Providing a bicycle "climbing lane" along Stevenson Avenue
- Constructing a wide median on Yoakum Parkway
- Constructing pedestrian refuge islands for the crossing of Stevenson Avenue
- Installing speed boards along Stevenson Avenue
- Installing a rapid flashing beacon for the pedestrian crossing of Stevenson Avenue at Yoakum Parkway
- Upgrading bus stops to current ADA standards
The City received numerous requests for traffic calming along Stevenson Avenue and pedestrian safety upgrades at Stevenson Avenue and Yoakum Parkway. The City presented options for improving the roadway to the community in spring 2014. Based on the feedback received at this meeting, designs were developed to provide a road diet along Stevenson Avenue. Staff then presented the proposals to the community on August 26th, 2014 at 7:30pm during the Olympus Board Meeting. Representatives from neighboring buildings were invited and attended as well. The project was constructed and completed in the summer 2015.
- Olympus Board Meeting - April 15, 2014
- Community Meeting hosted by the Olympus Board - August 26, 2014
- Traffic and Parking Board - October 27, 2014