The study is complete - to view, click FINAL REPORT.
As part of the Complete Streets Program, the City of Alexandria conducted a study in Old Town and along the entire Mount Vernon Avenue corridor to improve pedestrian access to transit.
- Comply with federal mandate to upgrade all bus stops to current ADA compliant standards
- Create a ADA transition plan for bus stops in Old Town and Del Ray
- Minimize parking loss & construction costs
- Consolidate or relocate bus stops to improve bus travel time and encourage walking and active transportation
- Project briefings – Spring 2014
- Data collection and analysis – Summer/Fall 2014
- Draft recommendations - Spring 2015
- Final Plan and public outreach - Fall 2015
- Commission on Aging – May 8, 2014
- Traffic and Parking Board staff update – May 19, 2014
- Transportation Commission staff update - May 21, 2014
- Commission on Persons with Disabilities – June 11, 2014