Mount Vernon Avenue between Braddock and Hume is scheduled for resurfacing. In conjunction with the resurfacing, the City plans to install ADA-compliant pedestrian improvements at some transit stops and intersections. Bicycle signage and on-street markings (sharrows) will also be added.
- Resurface between Braddock Road and Hume Avenue.
- Provide ADA-compliant pedestrian safety improvements at bus stops similar to the existing bus bulbs at Mount Vernon Avenue and Kennedy Street (shown to the right).
- Consolidate bus stops to balance accessibility, pedestrian/driver safety and on-street parking.
- Upgrade curb ramps and crosswalks to improve pedestrian safety along the corridor.
- Provide shared bicycle signage and “sharrows.”
- Ensure construction process minimally impacts residents, businesses, access to parking & planned events.
- Summer/fall 2016: Interim street maintenance
- 2016-17: Design process and utility coordination
- 2017-18: Bid & award process, begin construction
- Mid-2018– early 2019: Complete construction
Del Ray Business Association Meeting - July 18, 2016