On May 17, 2014, Alexandria City Council adopted a Pilot Program that will allow food trucks to operate in off-street locations on public and private property. The Program will begin on July 1, 2014, and run through December 31, 2015. The Program is designed to introduce food trucks within the City of Alexandria on a limited basis to provide the City with data to evaluate a successful food truck program.
The Pilot Program will:
- Provide the City with data to use in evaluating whether to adopt a more comprehensive food truck program, to adopt a permanent program for food trucks to operate only off street, or to not adopt a permanent program;
- Provide the City with data to use in evaluating the appropriate regulation of food trucks to minimize negative impacts to the community and ensuring the safety of pedestrians and vehicles;
- Provide the City with data to use in evaluating the positive impacts of Food Trucks on the community;
- Introduce the use of food trucks to the public; and
- Allow the City to evaluate the costs and staffing needs of such a program.
Provide feedback on the Pilot Program