City of Alexandria Announces 2008 “Lunch Bunch” Concert Schedule
The City’s Department of Recreation, Parks and Cultural Activities and General Services is once again sponsoring the “Lunch Bunch” concerts at Market Square (301 King St.) in May. The concerts, which feature students from local and visiting schools, are free and open to the public.
The Lunch Bunch concert performances are scheduled for the following dates:
- May 6 - St. Rita School Band, Strings and Choir (Alexandria, VA)
- May 8 - St. Stephen’s & St. Agnes School 5th Grade Saints Choir & Upper School Concert Chorus (Alexandria, VA)
- May 14 - Immanuel Lutheran School Choir & Handbell Choir (Alexandria, VA)
- May 16 - Thomas Aquinas Middle School Band (Woodbridge, VA)
- May 23 - Decatur Civic Chorus (Decatur, Georgia)
- May 29 - George Mason Elementary School Musicians (Alexandria, VA)
All concerts begin at 12:15 p.m. Please note that in case of inclement weather, concerts may be canceled. To check on the status of concerts, please call the Special Events Hotline at 703.883.4686.
Visitors to the City’s historic district are encouraged to take the Metro Yellow or Blue lines to the King Street Metro Station in Old Town and take the free King Street trolley to Market Square, or park in one of the convenient parking garages or lots. For a parking map, contact the Alexandria Convention and Visitors Association at 703.838.4200. For additional information, call the City’s Special Events Hotline at 703.883.4686 or the Special Events Office at 703.838.4844.
The City of Alexandria is committed to compliance with the City’s Human Rights Code and the Americans with Disabilities Act. To request a reasonable accommodation or to request materials in an alternative format, call Cheryl Lawrence with the Department of Recreation, Parks and Cultural Activities at 703.838.4844 (TTY 703.838.4902) or e-mail email@example.com.