FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: November 5, 2008
City of Alexandria Offices Remain Open on Veterans Day
Tuesday, November 11
City of Alexandria government offices, libraries, and recreation centers will remain open on Veterans Day, which is observed on Tuesday, November 11. Other Veterans Day-related updates and closures are listed below.
• Schools: Alexandria City Public Schools will be closed on November 11.
• Transit: DASH buses will operate on a regular weekday schedule on November 11.
• Refuse Collection: Trash and recycling will be collected on a regular schedule.
• Parking: On November 11, the Alexandria Police Department will suspend enforcement of parking restrictions at metered spaces, as well as time restrictions in residential permit parking districts and other areas with signed parking time limits.
• State Offices: The following Commonwealth of Virginia offices located in Alexandria will be closed on November 11: the Circuit, General District, and Juvenile and Domestic Relations District Courts, the Clerk of Court Office, and the DMV Office at 2681 Mill Road.
• Health Facilities: The Alexandria Health Department (4480 King St.), the Flora Krause Casey Health Center (1200 N. Howard St.), and the Adolescent Health Center (3701 W. Braddock Rd.) will be closed November 11.
• Hotlines: All emergency hotlines operated by the Alexandria Office on Women operate 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, including the domestic violence hotline, 703.838.4911, and the sexual assault hotline, 703.683.7273.