FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: January 27, 2009
City of Alexandria Inclement Weather Announcement
Liberal Leave Policy in Effect at 3:00 p.m.
City of Alexandria government offices will remain open today, January 27. City Manager James K. Hartmann has announced that due to the inclement weather and road conditions, City employees may take liberal leave beginning at 3 p.m.
For the safety of residents, and to allow City crews to treat and clean City streets, many City government programs and activities scheduled for this evening are cancelled:
- The Alexandria City Council meeting scheduled for tonight is postponed until Monday, February 2, at 7 p.m.
- The City Council Work Session on wayfinding and the waterfront plan scheduled for tonight is postponed until Monday, February 2, at 5:30 p.m.
- The Alexandria City Public Schools have cancelled all afternoon and evening activities.
- All Alexandria Libraries will close at 6 p.m.
- All Department of Recreation, Parks and Cultural Activities’ evening programs and activities have been cancelled. In addition, all neighborhood recreation centers, and the Chinquapin Park, Dr. Oswald Durant, and Lee Centers will close tonight at 6 p.m.
- The Historic Alexandria Resources Commission meeting, scheduled for 7:30 p.m. tonight, has been cancelled.
- The Alexandria Mentoring Partnership Mentoring Information Session scheduled for this evening at T.C. Williams High School is cancelled. This event will be rescheduled.
DASH bus service is operating on all routes on a regular schedule; however, expect some delays due to road conditions. For more information, please call 703.370.3274 or visit www.dashbus.com.
Updates will be posted on alexandriava.gov.