All City of Alexandria government offices will be closed on Monday, October 11, in observance of the Columbus Day holiday.
- Health Facilities: The Alexandria Health Department, 4480 King St.; the Flora Krause Casey Health Center, 1200 N. Howard St.; and the Teen Wellness Center at T. C. Williams High School, 3330 King St., will be closed on October 11.
- Hotlines: All emergency hotlines operate 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, including the domestic violence hotline, 703.838.4911; the sexual assault hotline, 703.683.7273; and the child protective services hotline, 703.838.0800.
- Libraries: All Alexandria Library branches will be closed October 11.
- Parking: On October 11, the Alexandria Police Department will suspend enforcement of parking restrictions at metered spaces, residential permit parking districts and other areas with signed parking time limits.
- Recreation Centers: The Chinquapin Park Recreation Center will be open from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. on October 11. All other City recreation centers will be open from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Refuse Collection: Residential refuse and recycling will not be collected on October 11. Collection services will be delayed by one day during the week of October 11. The Household Hazardous Waste and Electronics Collections Drop-off Center will be closed on October 11.
- Schools: Alexandria City Public Schools will be open and operating on a regular schedule on October 11.
- State Offices: The following Commonwealth of Virginia offices located in Alexandria will be closed on October 11: the Circuit, General District, and Juvenile and Domestic Relations District Courts, and the Department of Motor Vehicles Office on 2681 Mill Rd.
- Transit: Alexandria Transit Company’s DASH bus service will operate on a Saturday schedule on October 11.