The City of Alexandria will host the 40th Annual Scottish Christmas Walk on Saturday, December 4 in Historic Old Town Alexandria, beginning at 11 a.m. For additional information, visit www.scottishchristmaswalk.com.
As a result of the Christmas Walk, the following streets will be closed from approximately 10:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.:
- 100 to 400 blocks of South St. Asaph St.
- 100 and 200 blocks of North St. Asaph St.
- 300 to 500 blocks of Queen St.
- 100 and 200 blocks of North Fairfax St.
- 300 and 400 blocks of King Street
Streets adjacent to the parade route listed above will be closed until the Christmas Walk parade passes.
During the parade, the free King Street Trolley will operate on its regular 20-minute schedule on a detour route between the King Street Metro Station and the 100 block of North Washington Street.
- Eastbound trolleys departing from the King Street Metro Station will stop at King and Diagonal Street; King and Peyton Street; King and Fayette Street; King and Patrick Street; King and South Columbus Street; and the 100 block of North Washington Street.
- Westbound trolleys departing from the 100 block of North Washington Street will turn left onto Cameron Street. From Cameron Street, trolleys will turn left onto North Columbus Street; then turn right onto King Street. The trolley will stop at the 100 block of North Washington Street; North Columbus and King; King and Patrick Street; King and Fayette Street; King and Peyton Street; King and Diagonal Street; then will proceed to the King Street Metro Station.
Once the parade ends and King Street is reopened, the trolley will return to its normal route.
The public is encouraged to take public transit or walk to the event. Visitors to Old Town can take the Metrorail to the King Street station, and take the free King Street Trolley to the event. For DASH schedule information, call 703.370.DASH or visit www.dashbus.com. For Metrobus schedule information, call 202.637.7000 or visit www.wmata.com.