The legal deadline to register to vote in the November 8 General Election for Virginia State Senate, House of Delegates and Alexandria Clerk of Court is Monday, October 17, at 5 p.m. Voter Registration Applications submitted by mail must be postmarked on or before October 17.
The same deadlines are in effect for Virginia voters who are registered, but have moved within the city or within Virginia. Voters who do not update their registration records prior to the October 17 deadline risk being ineligible to vote this Election Day.
Alexandria voters who are not certain if they are registered at their current address can go to the Alexandria Voter website, https://www.alexandriava.gov/Elections and click “Am I Registered and Where do I Vote?” or call the Alexandria Office of Voter Registration at 703.746.4050.
The Alexandria Office of Voter Registration offers the following voter registration methods:
- Download an application from https://www.alexandriava.gov/Elections, and submit it by mail to the Alexandria Office of Voter Registration, 132 N. Royal, Suite 100, Alexandria, VA 22314. Applications must be postmarked on or before October 17.
- Pick up an application at Alexandria Libraries or the City’s Public Information Office (Room 1900 at City Hall).
- Register in person at the Alexandria Office of Voter Registration or at Virginia Department of Motor Vehicles Customer Service Centers.
Voters who are registered in Virginia and need to update their addresses may:
- Complete the form on the back of their old Voter I.D. card and mail or fax it to the Alexandria Office of Voter Registration; or,
- Complete a new voter registration application and mail or fax it to the Alexandria Office of Voter Registration.
The Office of Voter Registration FAX number is 703.838.6449.
Voter cards for new or transferred registrants will be mailed within one week of the registration date.
Absentee voting is now in progress. Go to https://www.alexandriava.gov/Elections or call 703.746.4050 for absentee and other election information.
For more information, contact Tom Parkins, General Registrar, at 703.746.4050, firstname.lastname@example.org