All Alexandria City government offices will be closed on Monday, May 28, in observance of the Memorial Day holiday.
- Health Facilities: The Alexandria Health Department (4480 King St.), the Flora Krause Casey Health Center (1200 N. Howard St.) and the Teen Wellness Center at T.C. Williams High School (3330 King St.) will be closed.
- Hotlines: All emergency hotlines operate 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, including the child protective services hotline, 703.746.5800, the domestic violence hotline, 703.746.4911, the emergency services for mental health or substance abuse crisis hotline, 703.746.3401, and the sexual assault hotline, 703.683.7273.
- Libraries: All Alexandria Library branches will be closed.
- Parking: The Alexandria Police Department will suspend enforcement of parking restrictions at metered spaces, as well as time restrictions in residential permit parking districts and other areas with signed parking time limits.
- Recreation Centers: Alexandria neighborhood recreation centers will be closed. Chinquapin Recreation Center will be open from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Refuse Collection: Residential refuse and recycling will not be collected on May 28. Collection services will be delayed by one day during the week of May 28. The Household Hazardous Waste and Electronics Collections Drop-off Center will be closed on May 28.
- Schools: The Alexandria City Public Schools will be closed.
- State Offices: The General District Court, the Circuit Court, and the Juvenile and Domestic Relations District Court will all be closed. In addition, the DMV Office at 2681 Mill Rd. will be closed.
- Transit: Alexandria Transit Company’s DASH bus service will operate on a Sunday schedule.