All City of Alexandria government offices will be closed on Wednesday, July 4, in observance of the Independence Day holiday.
- Refuse Collection: New this year, residential trash and recycling will be collected on a normal schedule during the week of July 4, including the Independence Day Holiday. Refuse and recycling should be set out prior to 6 a.m. on the scheduled day of collection.
- Animal Shelter: The Vola Lawson Animal Shelter is normally closed on Wednesdays, and will be closed on Wednesday, July 4. Animal Control will be available for emergency reports only by calling 703.838.4444.
- Health Facilities: The Alexandria Health Department (4480 King St.); the Flora Krause Casey Health Center (1200 N. Howard St.); and the Teen Wellness Center at T.C. Williams High School (3330 King St.) will be closed on July 4.
- Hotlines: All emergency hotlines operate 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, including the child protective services hotline at 703.746.5800; the domestic violence hotline, 703.746.4911; the emergency services for mental health or substance abuse crisis hotline, 703.746.3401; and the sexual assault hotline, 703.683.7273.
- Libraries: All Alexandria Library branches will be closed on July 4.
- Parking: On July 4, the Alexandria Police Department will suspend enforcement of parking restrictions at metered spaces, as well as time restrictions in residential permit parking districts and other areas with signed parking time limits.
- Recreation Centers: The Chinquapin Park Recreation Center will be open from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. on July 4. All other City recreation centers will be closed.
- State Offices: The following Commonwealth of Virginia offices located in Alexandria will be closed on July 4: the Circuit, General District, and Juvenile and Domestic Relations District Courts, the Clerk of Court Office, and the DMV Office at 2681 Mill Road.
- Transit: Alexandria Transit Company’s DASH bus service will operate on a Sunday schedule on July 4.