You have the opportunity to be a part of history by serving as an election officer for the City of Alexandria during the November 6, 2012, Presidential Election. The Alexandria Electoral Board is looking for civic-minded individuals with basic computer user skills who are interested in the election process and are available to help on November 6. This will be an exciting election because Alexandria residents will vote in the Presidential Election along with the election for Mayor, City Council and School Board. Near record voter turnout is predicted.
Election Officer Requirements
- Registered voter in the Commonwealth of Virginia
- Basic computer user skills
- Willing to work from 4:45 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- Willing to adhere to the standards of Integrity, Neutrality, Transparency and Accuracy
- Set up voting equipment and prepare the polling place for voting
- Verify voter registration and check-in voters using laptop computers
- Demonstrate the voting process and provide assistance to voters
- Produce election results at the end of the day
- Close the polling place and secure voting equipment and supplies
- Election Officers receive $100 for their efforts but the value of their service is priceless
How to Apply
For more information or to apply please choose one of the following options: