The Chinquapin Park Recreation Center will close for day-to-day operations on Monday, June 17, to facilitate facility improvements. Staff continues to develop alternatives in providing programs and activities to minimize inconvenience to the community.
The Chinquapin Park Recreation Center will operate on the following schedule May 6 through June 16:
- Monday, May 6 through Sunday, May 26 (Normal operating schedule)
Monday – Thursday: 6 a.m. to 9 p.m.
Friday: 6 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Saturday & Sunday: 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Monday, May 27: Closed (Memorial Day)
- Tuesday, May 28 through Sunday, June 16
Monday – Thursday: 6 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Friday: 6 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Saturday: 8 a.m. to Noon
The scope of facility improvements is highly invasive, and requires the full closure of the facility to ensure public safety, reduce costs, and shorten the improvement period.
To minimize inconvenience for our customers, the City has redistributed many of the popular programs held at Chinquapin as follows:
- All camps normally scheduled for the summer will operate at Francis C. Hammond Middle School.
- All “land” classes normally scheduled for the summer will operate at other Department facilities. Visit www.alexandriava.gov/Recreation for class listings.
- Swim lessons normally scheduled at Chinquapin will operate at the outdoor pools.
- All valid Chinquapin Fitness Passes honored at all City fitness facilities.
- All valid Chinquapin Aquatic Passes honored at all City outdoor pools.
- All outdoor pools will operate extended hours to accommodate swim lessons and lap swimming (weather permitting).
- Additional aquatic programs will operate at Chinquapin through June 16.
Regular summer swim lessons will continue at the Old Town and Charles Houston Memorial pools. Visit www.alexandriava.gov/pools for individual pool schedules of events and lane availability.
We apologize for the inconvenience, but we look forward to re-opening an improved Chinquapin Park Recreation Center for your use in the fall.
For additional information on facility improvements, contact David A. Miller, Division Chief, at 703.746.5495 or firstname.lastname@example.org. For information on Chinquapin program and facility operating schedule, call the center at 703.746.5553.
The City of Alexandria is committed to compliance with the City’s Human Rights Code and the Americans with Disabilities Act. To request a reasonable accommodation or to request materials in an alternative format, contact David A. Miller, Division Chief, at 703.746.5495 or email@example.com.