As part of the Alexandria War of 1812 Bicentennial Commemoration, join the City of Alexandria and other distinguished guests at an Honors Ceremony on Saturday, August 30. Held at the Alexandria National Cemetery, this event will honor all of those who have died in service of their country. The ceremony will begin at 4:30 p.m. and will include the Continental “Old Guard” Color Guard and Fife and Drum Corps Retiring the Colors ceremony. Alexandria National Cemetery is located at 1450 Wilkes Street.
- William D. Euille, Mayor of Alexandria, Virginia
- Brigadier Timothy P. Williams, Adjutant General, Commonwealth of Virginia
- Brian J. Moran, Secretary of Public Safety, Commonwealth of Virginia
- Captain David Fluker, US Navy
- Commander John Kelly, Royal Navy
- Commander David Trudeau, Royal Canadian Navy
This event is part of the War of 1812 Bicentennial Commemoration Weekend. The City of Alexandria and community partners are commemorating Alexandria’s role in the war through lectures, concerts, and specialty tours, culminating in the Signature Event Weekend.
For more information and a complete listing of additional Bicentennial events, visit visitalexandriava.com/1812.