City of Alexandria Announces Memorial Day 2015 Schedule of Services
For Immediate Release: May 22, 2015
All Alexandria City government offices will be closed on Monday, May 25, in observance of the Memorial Day holiday.
- Health Facilities: The Alexandria Health Department (4480 King St.), the Flora Krause Casey Health Center (1200 N. Howard St.) and the Teen Wellness Center at T.C. Williams High School (3330 King St.) will be closed on May 25.
- Historic Alexandria: Three Historic Alexandria sites will be open on May 25: The Lyceum (from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.), and Gadsby’s Tavern Museum and the Stabler-Leadbeater Apothecary Museum (both open from 1 to 5 p.m.). All other Office of Historic Alexandria Museums will be closed on May 25. For more information, call 703.746.4554 or visit alexandriava.gov/Historic.
- Hotlines: All emergency hotlines operate 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, including the child protective services hotline, 703.746.5800; the domestic violence hotline, 703.746.4911; the emergency services for mental health or substance abuse crisis hotline, 703.746.3401; and the sexual assault hotline, 703.683.7273.
- Libraries: All Alexandria Library branches will be closed on May 25.
- Parking: The Alexandria Police Department will suspend enforcement of parking restrictions at metered spaces and residential permit parking districts on May 25. This suspension of enforcement applies only to the restrictions at legal parking spaces, and does not permit parking in any location normally prohibited (for example, no parking zones, loading zones, or spaces for persons with disabilities).
- Pools: On May 25, all City Pools will be open from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Recreation Centers: On Monday, May 26, the Chinquapin Recreation Center will be open from 6 a.m. to 3 p.m. The Charles Houston Recreation Center will be open from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. All other facilities will be closed.
- Resource Recovery: Residential refuse and recycling will not be collected on May 25. Collection services will be delayed by one day during the week of May 25. The Household Hazardous Waste and Electronics Collections Drop-off Center will be closed on May 25.
- Schools: Alexandria City Public Schools will be closed on May 25.
- State Offices: Commonwealth of Virginia offices located in Alexandria will be closed on May 25, including the Circuit, General District, and the Juvenile and Domestic Relations District Courts, and the Department of Motor Vehicles Office at 2681 Mill Rd.
- Transit: On May 25, Alexandria Transit Company’s DASH bus service will operate on a Sunday schedule. The King Street Trolley will operate on a normal schedule, from 10 a.m. to 10:15 p.m.
For more information, contact Andrea Blackford, Senior Communications Officer, at 703.746.3959 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
This news release is available at www.alexandriava.gov/84953.