City of Alexandria Announces Schedule of Services for 2015 Independence Day Holiday
For Immediate Release: June 29, 2015
All City of Alexandria government offices will be closed on Friday, July 3, in observance of the Independence Day holiday.
- Resource Recovery: Residential refuse and recycling will be collected on the regular schedule the week of July 4. The Household Hazardous Waste and Electronics Collections Drop-off Center will be closed on Saturday, July 4.
- Animal Shelter: The Vola Lawson Animal Shelter will be open on July 3, and closed on July 4.
- Health Facilities: The Alexandria Health Department (4480 King St.); the Flora Krause Casey Health Center (1200 N. Howard St.); and the Teen Wellness Center at T.C. Williams High School (3330 King St.) will be closed on July 3 and 4.
- Historic Alexandria: On July 4, the Lyceum, Fort Ward Museum, Gadsby’s Tavern Museum, Friendship Firehouse Museum and the Stabler-Leadbeater Apothecary Museum will be open. The Archaeology Museum will be open July 3 and closed July 4. The Black History Museum will be closed July 3, and open July 4. More information at alexandriava.gov/historic.
- Hotlines: All emergency hotlines operate 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, including the child protective services hotline at 703.746.5800; the domestic violence hotline, 703.746.4911; the emergency services for mental health or substance abuse crisis hotline, 703.746.3401; and the sexual assault hotline, 703.683.7273.
- Libraries: All Alexandria Library branches will be closed on July 3 and 4. Beatley Central Library will open on a regular schedule on Sunday, July 5.
- Parking: On July 3 and 4, the Alexandria Police Department will suspend enforcement of parking restrictions at all metered spaces, as well as time restrictions in residential permit parking districts and other areas with signed parking time limits.
- Pools: City Pools will operate on a normal schedule on July 3, and will open from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. on July 4. For more information, visit alexandriava.gov/Aquatics.
- Recreation Centers: The Chinquapin Recreation Center will be open from 6 a.m. to 3 p.m. on July 3, and from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. on July 4. The Charles Houston Recreation Center will be open from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. on July 3 and 4. All other City recreation centers will be closed on July 3 and 4.
- State Offices: Commonwealth of Virginia offices located in Alexandria will be closed on July 3 and 4, including the Circuit, General District, and the Juvenile and Domestic Relations District Courts, and the Department of Motor Vehicles Office at 2681 Mill Rd.
- Transit: Alexandria Transit Company’s DASH bus service will operate on a Sunday schedule on July 3, and a Saturday schedule on July 4. The King Street Trolley will operate every 15 minutes between the King Street Metro Station and the Potomac River waterfront from 10 a.m. to midnight.
For more information, contact Nathan Carrick, Communications Officer, at 703.746.3199 or email@example.com .
This news release is available online at: www.alexandriava.gov/85738.