Following the recommendations of the Ad Hoc Joint City-Schools Facility Investment Task Force, City Council and the Alexandria City School Board participated in two Visioning Sessions resulting in the development of joint guiding principles and prioritized decision criteria providing a common framework for future decision making. This framework was used by both bodies to discuss, evaluate and prioritize Task Force recommendations. One of the priorities resulting from the Visioning Sessions was the development of a Joint City-ACPS Facilities Master Plan to guide informed decision making by creating a roadmap for future investment in City and ACPS facilities based on identified existing and projected needs. This planning process is anticipated for completion in the sprint 2021.
Ad Hoc Joint City-Schools Facility Investment Task Force Implementation
- City Council/School Board Visioning Sessions
- Staff Progress Reports on Task Force Recommendations
- Background and meeting information on the mission of the Task Force as well as the final deliverables can be found on the project webpage.
Long Range Educational Facilities Plan Process
- Katherine Carraway, Urban Planner, Department of Planning and Zoning, 703.746.3855
- Erika Gulick, Director of Capital Programs, Planning & Design, Alexandria City Public Schools, 703.619.8298
- Stay informed through eNews and select "Joint City-ACPS Capital Planning Initiatives and
Implementation" under Planning and Zoning.