- Hilco Redevelopment Partners (HRP) Conceptual Plan for a Coordinated Development District (CDD) Submission, August 2021
Proposed Redevelopment of Former Power Plant Site (PRGS)
In November 2020, Hilco Redevelopment Partners (HRP) announced the purchase of the Potomac River Generating Site in the Old Town North neighborhood in Alexandria, one of the redevelopment sites identified in the Old Town North Small Area Plan.
Approved by City Council in June 2017, the Plan envisions the site as a Mixed-Use/Innovation District incorporating innovation uses that serve as an economic anchor attracting creative entrepreneurial and commercial activities in a mixed-use environment.
Community Engagement Events
HRP will host a series of online community engagement opportunities regarding the transformation of the former power plant site. The community is invited to provide feedback and ask questions during this process. Access and information regarding these meetings will be posted on this page and the community will be notified through the City's eNews service.
- Wednesday, September 29, 2021 - Virtual Community Meeting
- Zoom link
- After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
- Spanish translation services will be provided.
- Zoom link
- Thursday, April 29, 2021 - Virtual Community Meeting
- Thursday, February 11, 2021 - Virtual Community Meeting hosted by HRP
This meeting provided an opportunity for the community to learn about the project and be introduced to the HRP Alexandria team.
The City and the HRP Alexandria team are committed to engaging the community and obtaining feedback on this project and are working together to facilitate the best possible process during this challenging time. In-person community meetings will supplement online engagement throughout this process when public gatherings are again permitted.
Resources and Information
- Questions for the applicant can be directed to email@example.com
- Questions for the City can be directed to Catherine Miliaras, Department of Planning and Zoning.