Documents and Maps
- Historic Wharves Map. This map includes a 2007 aerial photo with overlays of the 1749 city shoreline from the original town plat and an 1845 map showing historic wharves by City Surveyor M.C. Ewing. A small section of the map is shown at right.
- Alexandria and Belhaven, by Diane Riker.
- Fiery Night, by Diane Riker. The evidence of an 1897 fire at Bryant's Mill can be found on the wall inside what is now Chadwick's restaurant on the Strand.
- Alexandria Historical Society - The Alexandria Chronicle archives and other publications. Of particular interest to the Waterfront Plan are the following Alexandria Chronicle issues:
- Spring, 2009 - A British Fleet Sails into Alexandria, by Ted Pulliam.
- Spring, 2006 - Reaching for the Channel: Some Documentary and Archaeological Evidence of Extending Alexandria's Waterfront, by Steven J. Shephard.