The Mural at Greenhill Properties - See WJLA's article on local artists Cindy Wallace and Len Garon who have have "literally altered the landscape" of the neighborhood at Edsall Road and Pickett Street. (Photo at right courtesy of Jay Korff/ABC7)
In order to achieve the vision for the area encompassed by the Eisenhower West Small Area Plan and Landmark/Van Dorn Corridor Plan, a number of studies and analyses are needed to initiate implementation. Since the two plan areas overlap and share dependency on planned infrastructure, looking at the phasing and funding of both plans in concert will provide necessary coordination and efficient use of resources. The projects recommended for this coordinated implementation effort are listed in this document.
- For more information and relevant documents, see Background Information below.
- For information on the Landmark Mall redevelopment, visit alexandriava.gov/71190.
- Monday, February 12, 2018 - Advisory Group Meeting
- Monday, October 23, 2017 - Advisory Group Meeting
- Monday, May 22, 2017 - Advisory Group Meeting
My Father's House Christian Church, 4746 Eisenhower Avenue
- Monday, November 28, 2016 - Advisory Group Meeting
Charles Beatley Library, 5005 Duke Street
- September 13, 2016 - Advisory Group Meeting
Victory Center, 5001 Eisenhower Avenue
On March 29, 2016 the City Council established an Ad Hoc Eisenhower West/Landmark Van Dorn Implementation Advisory Group through Resolution 2717. The mission of this group is to provide guidance to staff on the infrastructure and funding plans and related follow up studies as outlined in the Eisenhower West Small Area Plan and the Landmark Van Dorn Corridor Plan.
Solicitation for Applications for the Advisory Group was open from April 11 - May 2, 2016. As specified by the Resolution, the City Manager appointed the nine at-large members through the nomination process, and the Boards and Commissions named their representatives for the remaining five slots. Advisory Group meetings will be held on an as-needed basis. All activities and meetings by the Advisory Group will be open to the public.
The Advisory Group consists of fourteen members representing a diversity of interest in the plan areas, with experience in areas of importance to the Plans:
- Mindy Lyle, Chair (Planning Commission)
- William Harris (Alexandria Housing Affordability Advisory Committee)
- Judy Coleman (Parks & Recreation Commission)
- Jake Jakubek (Transportation Commission)
- Jessica Lassetter (Environmental Policy Commission)
- Uche Akobundu (At-Large, Resident)
- Sheela Bykadi (At-Large, Resident)
- Jim Durham (At-Large, Resident)
- Arthur Impastato (At-Large, Resident)
- Grace Unangst (At-Large, Resident)
- Agnés Artemel (At Large, Business Representative)
- Jacob Bedingfield (At-Large, Business Representative)
- Dak Hardwick (At-Large, Business Representative)
- Ken Wire (At-Large, Business Representative)
- Landmark/Van Dorn Corridor Plan and Process
- Eisenhower West Small Area Plan and Process
- Preliminary Air Quality Modeling Summary conducted by Covanta - July 2015
- Alexandria Master Plan: FY 2017 Status of Implementation Report
Contact Ashley Labadie, Urban Planner, 703.746.3801.