- Information about the Landmark Mall Re-Planning Process can be found by visiting this page.
- Wednesday, October 10, 2018 - Advisory Group Meeting
- Monday, September 17, 2018 - Advisory Group Meeting
- Thursday, May 24, 2018 - Advisory Group Meeting
- Monday, February 12, 2018 - Advisory Group Meeting
- Monday, October 23, 2017 - Advisory Group Meeting
- Monday, May 22, 2017 - Advisory Group Meeting
My Father's House Christian Church, 4746 Eisenhower Avenue
- Monday, November 28, 2016 - Advisory Group Meeting
Charles Beatley Library, 5005 Duke Street
- September 13, 2016 - Advisory Group Meeting
Victory Center, 5001 Eisenhower Avenue
On March 29, 2016 the City Council established an Ad Hoc Eisenhower West/Landmark Van Dorn Implementation Advisory Group through Resolution 2717. The mission of this group is to provide guidance to staff on the infrastructure and funding plans and related follow up studies as outlined in the Eisenhower West Small Area Plan and the Landmark Van Dorn Corridor Plan. Solicitation for Applications for the Advisory Group was open from April 11 - May 2, 2016. As specified by the Resolution, the City Manager appointed the nine at-large members through the nomination process, and the Boards and Commissions named their representatives for the remaining five slots.
The Advisory Group will serve as the community forum for the duration of the Landmark Mall re-planning process. In order to ensure adequate representation of West End businesses and the property owners of Landmark Mall, City Council approved Resolution 2843 to temporarily amend the composition of the Advisory Group to include one slot for the West End Business Association and one temporary slot for The Howard Hughes Corporation. The temporary slot will sunset upon completion of the Landmark Mall Re-Planning process. With the additional slots, this group includes a broad cross-section of residents and business representation from the two planning areas, as well as members of City commissions.
Advisory Group meetings will be held on an as-needed basis. All activities and meetings by the Advisory Group are open to the public.
The Advisory Group consists of sixteen members representing a diversity of interests in the plan areas, including the Landmark Mall Re-Planning process, and who have experience in areas of importance to the Plans:
- Mindy Lyle, Chair (Planning Commission)
- William Harris (Alexandria Housing Affordability Advisory Committee)
- Judy Coleman (Parks & Recreation Commission)
- Jake Jakubek (Transportation Commission)
- Vacant (Environmental Policy Commission)
- Uche Akobundu (At-Large, Resident)
- Sheela Bykadi (At-Large, Resident)
- Jim Durham (At-Large, Resident)
- Arthur Impastato (At-Large, Resident)
- Grace Unangst (At-Large, Resident)
- Agnés Artemel (At Large, Business Representative)
- Christian Randolph (At-Large, Business Representative)
- Dak Hardwick (At-Large, Business Representative)
- Ken Wire (At-Large, Business Representative)
- Joel Bernstein (West End Business Association)
- Mark Bulmash, The Howard Hughes Corporation (Temporary)
- Landmark/Van Dorn Corridor Plan and Process
- Eisenhower West Small Area Plan and Process
- Projects recommended for the EWLVD coordinated implementation effort are listed in this document.
- Preliminary Air Quality Modeling Summary conducted by Covanta - July 2015
- The Mural at Greenhill Properties - See WJLA's article on local artists Cindy Wallace and Len Garon who have have "literally altered the landscape" of the neighborhood at Edsall Road and Pickett Street.
Contact Ashley Labadie, Urban Planner, 703.746.3801.