Artists, performers, makers, and creators can find opportunities to share their talents with the people of Alexandria.
There are no public art calls at this time.
Please visit alexandriava.gov/PublicArt for more information about public art in Alexandria.
VIRTUAL ARTS PROGRAMS AND CONCERTS
The City of Alexandria’s Office of the Arts is committed to supporting visual and performing artists during the COVID-19 pandemic and is accepting applications from artists who can offer virtual live-streamed programs or concerts from their homes. These are paid opportunities, and each applicant must be able to stream live the program or concert from their home.
There are currently no virtual arts opportunities. If you would like to propose a creative project for consideration, contact the Office of the Arts at email@example.com
Events and Public Space Activations
Events and Public Space Activations creates equitable access to the arts by bringing visual and performing arts to neighborhoods throughout Alexandria.
Proposals are being accepted from emerging and established visual and performing artists who are interested in engaging directly with the community through their work. All opportunities are paid and will be scheduled between April and October of each year. Artists will have access to the Mobile Art Lab, which is a mobile studio with supplies and equipment to facilitate outdoor activations. Proposals should indicate if work will be done in one day or over a series of two or three weeks.
Proposals are reviewed by staff with the following criteria:
- High artistic quality
- Unique work
- Weather-sustainable art (can be outside for extended periods, or be projected, performed, or facilitated out of doors)
- Equitably accessible for the community to engage with and/or participate in making the art
Interested artists should submit a proposal. For more information, contact the Office of the Arts at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Mobile Art Lab activates public spaces and connects art with people. Paid opportunities are available for local artists, makers, performers, and creatives who lead participatory activities for residents and visitors of all ages. Past projects have included video projections, screenprinting, silent discos, jewelry making, 'zine making, drum circles, and henna designs. If you would like to propose a creative project for consideration, contact the Office of the Arts at email@example.com
The Department of Recreation, Parks and Cultural Activities' Arts Division stewards the City of Alexandria's Arts Grants program with the intent of reaching these goals:
- To strengthen Alexandria's creative capacity by providing its residents with diverse opportunities to meaningfully engage with the arts
- To improve the capacity and stability of Alexandria-based arts organizations to create, perform, and present works of artistic excellence and innovation through organizational support and program funding
- To create a vibrant urban environment by supporting diverse individual artists, organizations, and other entities in the creation, performance, and presentation of high-quality works of art across the City of Alexandria
Learn more about Alexandria's Arts Program Grants.
Torpedo Factory Art Center
Studio Artists at Torpedo Factory Art Center
Torpedo Factory Art Center encourages artists and artist groups to apply for available studios.
At the present time, there are no available studios.
Visit torpedofactory.org/artopps for more opportunities to show work at Torpedo Factory Art Center. Many calls are national and international.