520 Cameron Station Boulevard, Alexandria, VA 22304
The Field Replacement project will convert the existing natural turf field from a natural grass diamond field with a natural grass overlay rectangular field to a full synthetic turf diamond field with synthetic turf overlay rectangular field. In addition, the project will include upgrades to the field lighting, dugouts, warm up areas, batting cages, spectator seating, scoreboard, and scorers’ table. The project will be ADA compliant and it will address environmental site constraints.
- October 2019, City Council authorized acceleration of upgrades to Armistead L. Boothe Park due to the delay in the completion of outdoor recreation facilities on the Patrick Henry School and Recreation Center site
- November 2020, A. Morton Thomas, Inc. was awarded the design contract
- January 2021, on site survey work was completed
- February 2021, A community meeting on the project design was held
- Design will be completed in 2021
- Construction is anticipated to start in late 2021
- Community Meeting: February 25, 2021 at 7 p.m.
- Armistead L. Boothe Survey Results
- Park & Recreation Commission Update - March 18, 2021
- Park & Recreation Commission Public Hearing - April 15, 2021
Bethany Znidersic or 703.746.5492