Interested in Volunteering for Alexandria Earth Day 2019?
Alexandria Earth Day cannot take place without the help of volunteers. The list below contains descriptions of current and upcoming event volunteer opportunities. This list will be updated with openings and application instructions for Earth Day Alexandria positions in early 2019.
ALEXANDRIA EARTH DAY 2019 PLANNING COMMITTEE
We are in the early stages of planning Alexandria Earth Day 2019 and seeking individuals interested in making Alexandria Earth Day 2019 a fantastic experience for all!
Alexandria Earth Day 2019 Volunteers (Examples)
- Help Earth Day attendees find parking for their bike. Watch the bikes in the "bike corral."
Bike Valet Clean-up
- Remove the racks for the Bike Valet, and pick up the signage.
Bike Valet Set-up
- Set up the racks for the Bike Valet, and place the signage.
- Breakdown tables and chairs, placing in stacks for pick up. Assist exhibitors break down their exhibits and load their vehicles. Collect signage. Some heavy lifting may be involved.
- Set up tables and chairs for exhibitors and vendors. Distribute supplies and other event information to exhibitors. Assist in showing them to their assigned tables/location. Includes some heavy lifting of tables/chairs and boxed items.
Meet and Greet
- Nobody should come to the event without being made welcome, given literature, and helped to find their way around. Hand out maps and provide site-specific information. Respond to vendor questions and needs as well as the event attendees.
Refuse Collection and Information (Previously Recycling Volunteers)
- Man the trash, recycling, and composting stations. Help attendees put the right item in the right container. Assist with pulling full bags and transporting them to the appropriate truck for recovery. Some heavy lifting may be involved.
- Direct traffic to approved parking areas.
For more information about event volunteer opportunities for both individuals and groups, please contact Eldon Boes, 2019 Committee Chair, at email@example.com.
Thank you for your interest and we look forward to working with you!