City of Alexandria Office of
the Arts Accepting Arts Program Grant Applications
For Immediate Release: December 11, 2017
The City of Alexandria’s
Office of the Arts will begin accepting applications for Arts Program Grants on
Tuesday, January 2, 2018. Grant funds
are available to eligible arts organizations and individual artists for operations,
programs and special projects that occur in Alexandria between July 1, 2018 and
June 30, 2019. Online application forms, instructions, and frequently asked
questions for all grant programs will be available online at www.alexandriava.gov/Arts on
January 2, 2018.
The Office of the Arts will
conduct a series of grant workshops and webinars to assist interested
applicants in preparing their grant applications. New applicants or arts organizations who have
not applied in the past 2 years are required to attend. Due to changes in the
granting process, other applicants are urged to attend these free workshops and
The workshops are scheduled for:
- Thursday, January 25, 2018 at noon
Charles E. Beatley, Jr. Central Library, 5005 Duke St.
- Monday, February 5, 2018 at 7 p.m.
Durant Arts Center, 1605 Cameron St.
The webinars (Live) are scheduled at the Lee Center, 1108 Jefferson St. on:
- Monday, January 8, 2018, 7 p.m.
- Friday, February 2, 2018, 8:30 a.m.
- Thursday, February 15, 2018, 11 a.m.
Registration for the webinars
is required. Login information will be
sent upon registration.
The goals of the grant program are:
- To strengthen Alexandria's creative capacity by providing its residents with diverse opportunities to meaningfully engage with the arts;
- To improve the capacity and stability of Alexandria-based arts organizations to create, perform, and present works of artistic excellence and innovation through organizational support and program funding; and
- To create a vibrant urban environment by supporting diverse
individual artists, organizations, and other entities in the creation,
performance, and presentation of high-quality works of art across the City
Each year, approximately $180,000
in City funds is awarded based on competitive grant evaluation process. All grants require a 1:1 cash match.
Completed on-line grant
applications must be submitted by 11:59 p.m. Friday, February 23, 2018. In addition, one hard copy of the application
must be delivered by 5 p.m., Monday, February 26, 2018 at the Lee Center, 1108
The Office of the Arts, a
division of the Department of Recreation, Parks & Cultural Activities, promotes
and cultivates the arts in the City of Alexandria. For more information, visit www.alexandriava.gov/Arts.
For information on the grants
program or to register for a webinar, contact Cheryl Anne Colton at 703.746.5565
The City of Alexandria is committed to compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, as amended. To request a reasonable accommodation, email email@example.com or call 703.746.5565, Virginia Relay 711.